· Black Huckleberries are NATIVE groundcover shrubs that grow well in our area
· They are not blueberries, but are cousins. Huckleberries are fully edible and considered the tastiest!
· Dense spreading habit makes for an excellent groundcover 12” H x 24” W
· Grow well in acidic forests; along the edges of woodland areas in partly shaded light. Will grow in full sun or full shade but this will affect berry production
· Prefer sandy, rocky soil and moderate to dry conditions – but need moisture in spring when berries are forming