· Just a stunner of a spring tree!!
· 6” golden honey colored goblet-shaped flowers; looks much like a tulip
· Most Magnolias in our area bloom in white/pink/red colors – this is a rare tree
· Upright smaller tree; 12’ H x 5’ W
· Prefers full sun to light shade
· Consistently moist (especially when young) well-draining soil. Would benefit from mulching to retain moisture and create rich soil
· Best location is on side of hill or in a location to protect from late spring frost
Photo by Heritage Seedlings