· AKA Rose Mallow – This is a cultivar of a NATIVE plant to northern Michigan
· Black buds open to huge 7” Scarlet Red flowers – what a show stopper!
· Flowers develop from top to bottom, unlike older varieties that just produced from the top; dense growth, fuller plant
· Needs sun and rich, moist soil; best to mulch to retain moisture
· 48” H x 60 “ W
· Cut back to the ground in early spring; one of the last plants to show growth in the spring. Be patient!!
Hibiscus Vintage Wine
Photo by Walters Gardens Inc.