· Here’s a easily grown native perennial that has an attractive flower in August
· Prefers well drained moist soil in full sun –grows in meadows and marshland edges in natural settings
· Grows to 24” H x 12” W. So adds flower height to your flower bed
· Grass-like leaves at base with upright flower stalks that produce feathery red-purple flowers in August
· Probably best suited for a mass planting; attractive to birds, butterflies and hummingbirds and is a native plant so good winter survival rate and deer resistant.